- Cardo/metabolic work
- Often combining one or more of these aspects of functional fitness like no other training can do.
|Modifying a pushup, as progress is made, the foam roller |
moves farther down the shin, until over time it is at the ankle.
gymnastics bands. One end loops through the bar and the other is looped around your foot, with the other foot placed on top of it to keep the band from slipping. The same bands can be used to assist the dip, where the one end of the band is looped around one side of the parallel bar(or ring) and the other is held fast with the opposite hand, with the band looping around the knees. Of course most gyms have the combination pull up, dip assist machine. The problem with these machines is that an ideal pull up wants your body in a hollow rock position (more on this in a future post) and the existing pull up assist machine requires bent knees, which prevents the hollow rock position and introduces a whole host of other form problems.
- Foam roller - strarting with the rollor toward the core and greadually moving it toward the extremeties.
- Plates or a mats: For push ups, or for handstand push ups, Stack mates between your hands to limit range of motion and decrease the leverage. Stack plates under your hand to increase the difficulty and provide a longer range of motion.
- Yoga blocks or paralets for handstand push-ups
- Benches, jump boxes, etc. to increase height of the extremety.