Monday, August 26, 2013

Interesting Article About Training Athletes

Here's a great article about Training Athletes, 


by Erick Minor from TNation.

Darvis Patton, U.S. Olympic sprinter

I like the concept of isolation exercises as an assist for working on muscle weaknesses in full compound lifts. Just not as the main component of the entire workout program.

I am not sure I agree with all of the points in the article.

He does seem to have a bone to pick with Trainers.

I somewhat disagree with the Total Body Training doesn't build mass myth.  I believe it does and builds proportionate useful muscle that isolation work cannot.  His point is that there is a lack of hard evidence that this works.  The absense of scientific proof does not invalidate total body training as valid.

I will develop my thought and post them here.

Any thoughts?  Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *